|Monday – Friday||–||9:00 – 5:00|
Schedule a ConsultationWe’re always here to help. Give us a call and we will get you scheduled with one of our attorneys. Let us help you take your first step to resolving your issue and moving past it.
Our AttorneysOur attorneys are always happy to help. We have over 200 years of combined experience and want to put that knowledge towards helping you.
Give us a call if you have any questions or need to schedule an appointment.
Charleston Litigation Attorneys
At the Charleston law offices of Carey, Scott, Douglas & Kessler, PLLC, we focus on litigation, representing businesses and individuals throughout West Virginia and across the country. Whether representing plaintiffs or defendants, our lawyers are prepared to take on a broad range of cases, including business disputes, white collar criminal defense and personal injury claims.
With litigation as the focus of our firm, we are fully capable of handling large cases, while offering the benefits of working with a small firm. Each senior attorney at Carey, Scott, Douglas & Kessler, PLLC has had over one hundred trials, but our small firm allows our attorneys to provide our clients with the personal attention they deserve. Due to our experience and backgrounds, our firm handles a wide range of complex cases and receives referrals from large firms across the country.
Our lawyers share over two hundred years of combined experience in both the private and public sectors. Attorney Robert E. “Bob” Douglas has been representing individuals and corporations for over forty years. Attorneys Michael W. Carey, John A. “Jack” Kessler, and S. Benjamin Bryant are former United States Attorneys.
Our Litigation Practice
Whatever legal concerns you may have, you want to be ready if you have to go to court. As experienced trial lawyers, we are ready to help you with your legal problems. The lawyers of Carey, Scott, Douglas & Kessler handle litigation in the following areas:
- Commercial Litigation : It is your job to protect the best interests of your business. From breach of contract issues to disputes with regulatory agencies, such as OSHA and the EPA, we can make sure your rights are protected.
- Employment Law : Representing employees and employers, our firm handles a diverse range of employment law issues, including discrimination, sexual harassment, wrongful termination , wage and hour disputes and contract disputes, among others.
- Personal Injury Plaintiff and Defense : Handling plaintiff and defense counsel in personal injury cases, we understand the challenges facing both sides in these complex cases. We handle a broad range of cases, including auto accidents, product liability and medical malpractice.
- Regulatory Investigation : Regulatory investigation cases are very in-depth and often require the assistance of not only a knowledgeable attorney, but other experts who can provide their opinion on the allegedly defective product.
- Professional License Revocation : If you face charges in front of a professional licensing board or you want to protect your first amendment rights, you want a lawyer who is prepared to face the challenges of the court room with you.
- Wrongful Discharge : Wrongful termination, or wrongful discharge, is the involuntary termination of an employee for unjust or discriminatory reasons. It is frequently a complex legal issue, requiring the assistance of an experienced attorney to sort the fact from the fiction.
- White Collar Criminal Defense : Whether you are a public official or in private business, we can protect your rights against claims of fraud by regulatory agencies and the United States government.
Visit the West Virginia Chamber of Commerce