Employment Law Attorneys in West Virginia
All employees are entitled to do their job in an environment that is free from hostility and persecution. Unfortunately, employees are often subject to mistreatment at the hands of supervisors and other employees. Conversely, many employers are wrongly accused of engaging in illegal employment practices. At Carey, Scott, Douglas & Kessler, PLLC , our attorneys are skilled litigators that handle many different types of employment law matters on behalf of employers and employees in Charleston, and across West Virginia.
We Are Trial Lawyers · Prosecution · Defense
Contact Carey, Scott, Douglas & Kessler, PLLC
With over two hundred years of shared legal experience, our attorneys focus their attention on litigating employment law cases in courts across the state. We are dedicated to helping employees understand their workplace rights and employers understand their obligations. Our firm is proud of its commitment to standing by clients throughout the entirety of their employment law matters.
We vigorously assist clients with many different types of employment law issues, including:
- Discrimination claims, including discrimination based on age, race, sex, gender, disability national origin, religion, pregnancy, and marital status
- Sexual harassment
- Wrongful termination
- Whistleblower claims
- Contract disputes
- Wage and hour disputes
- Drafting and reviewing employment contracts and related litigation
- Drafting and reviewing restrictive covenants in employment agreements such as non-compete agreements and related litigation
- Trade secrets and intellectual property
- Breaches of fiduciary responsibility
- Breaches of contract
- Contract dispute issues
- Drafting and negotiating severance agreements
- Establishing policies and procedures in an employee handbook
Protect yourself and your future or the future of your business.
Whether you are an employee or an employer, our firm can assist you with employment law litigation. Contact us today to schedule a free initial consultation to discuss your specific employment law situation. Located in the Chase Tower in downtown Charleston, our offices are open Monday through Friday from nine to five.