West Virginia Litigation Attorneys
Focused almost entirely on litigation, our firm handles cases for businesses and individuals throughout West Virginia and across the United States. At the Charleston law office of Carey, Scott, Douglas & Kessler, PLLC , we try cases. Each one of our attorneys has handled over one hundred trials. Whether your case involves commercial litigation, personal injury, senior employment disputes or regulatory litigation, we are ready to protect your rights in court.
We Are Trial Lawyers · Prosecution · Defense
Contact Carey, Scott, Douglas & Kessler, PLLC
Providing representation for either plaintiffs or defendants, our attorneys share over two hundred years of legal experience. Able to handle complex cases while retaining small firm personal service, we compete with larger firms across the country for major cases. We handle the following types of litigation for our clients:
- Commercial Litigation : It is your job to protect the best interests of your business. From breach of contract issues to disputes with regulatory agencies, such as OSHA and the EPA, we can make sure your rights are protected.
- Employment Law : Representing employees and employers, our firm handles a diverse range of employment law issues, including discrimination, sexual harassment, wrongful termination , wage and hour disputes and contract disputes, among others.
- Personal Injury Plaintiff and Defense : Handling plaintiff and defense counsel in personal injury cases, we understand the challenges facing both sides in these complex cases. We handle a broad range of cases, including auto accidents, product liability and medical malpractice.
- Regulatory Investigation : Regulatory investigation cases are very in-depth and often require the assistance of not only a knowledgeable attorney, but other experts who can provide their opinion on the allegedly defective product.
- Professional License Revocation : If you face charges in front of a professional licensing board or you want to protect your first amendment rights, you want a lawyer who is prepared to face the challenges of the court room with you.
- Wrongful Discharge : Wrongful termination, or wrongful discharge, is the involuntary termination of an employee for unjust or discriminatory reasons. It is frequently a complex legal issue, requiring the assistance of an experienced attorney to sort the fact from the fiction.
- White Collar Criminal Defense : Whether you are a public official or in private business, we can protect your rights against claims of fraud by regulatory agencies and the United States government.
When the time comes to protect your rights in court, you want to be as prepared as possible. Located in the Chase Tower in downtown Charleston, our offices are open Monday through Friday from nine to five. Contact us today for a free initial consultation regarding your litigation concerns.